The highlight of the gluttony were these little slices of heaven in the form of cookie dough brownies. Yes, cookie dough brownies. I used my tried and true favorite brownie recipe and topped them with egg-free dough. The result? Perfection.
Cookie Dough Brownies:
Inspired by this cookie dough and these brownies.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar (you can use a little less if you want)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (my favorite combination is 1/3 cup special dark unsweetened cocoa and 1/3 cup regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (Pam for Baking works best) a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat, and put butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Cool for a short time. Then beat in the eggs.
- Slowly beat in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Try not to eat the batter.
- Spread into pan and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl beat to combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Resist the temptation to sit on the couch with a sappy movie and the whole bowl.
- Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate until the dough is quite firm.
- Share with everyone you know. They will love them.