I also love hummus because it brings people together. The process of sharing promotes conversation and facilitates relationship building. It is more than sharing a pizza or nachos together because those are already made. With hummus, you get to share the composition of the perfect bite. You may like more feta, I may like more tomato. You may like pita bread, I may like carrots. Regardless, we both love it. It is a journey. What's mine is yours.
Looking forward to sharing hummus with my loved ones for years to come.
Roasted Pepper and Sundried Tomato Hummus:
(This "recipe" is real loose. Interpret as you wish.)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups, garbanzo beans (loosely drained)
- a number of glugs of olive oil
- a teaspoon-ish of cumin
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 roasted pepper
- a few spoonfuls of sundried tomatoes in oil
- Throw everything in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings and dipping vessels.