To accompany the wings, I made The Best Dip Ever and this roasted red pepper dip with feta and ricotta. The red pepper dip had the perfect amount of creaminess and spice--not too cheesy or creamy, and not too spicy. It was like Baby Bear's porridge--just right. Serve it with sliced peppers, celery, broccoli, pita chips, carrots....basically any dipping vessel will be delicious. It is perfect for football parties, as an appetizer for a classy get together with friends or coworkers, or great spread in a pita with some lettuce for an easy (and appetizing) mid-week lunch. It will make many repeat appearances in this kitchen and I hope it does yours too.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Feta and Ricotta:
- 8-12 oz. crumbled feta cheese (we used reduced fat)
- 10(ish) oz. of ricotta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a touch of olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- almost a tablespoon of dried thyme (do what you like)
- almost a tablespoon of dried oregano (same as the thyme, you can't go wrong)
- almost a tablespoon of crushed red pepper (more for spicy, less for mild)
- 1 large roasted red pepper (drained and diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- dipping vessels
- Using a food processor, pulse the feta, ricotta, garlic, oil (if you use any), lemon juice, herbs and crushed red pepper together until smooth.
- Throw in the diced red pepper and blend until your preferred consistency.
- Eat voraciously.