Tonight's dinner wasn't exactly exciting, but it certainly was tasty. I turned the turkey with feta, oregano, and basil meatballs into burgers and then baked broccoli and asparagus to accompany. "Bake broccoli," you ask? YES! It was both crispy and tender and full of flavor. I am going to grill broccoli next. (Don't doubt me....)
Baked Broccoli and Asparagus:
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- your choice of seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large cookie sheet with nonstick foil.
- Cut your broccoli (stem included) into large-ish florets. Trim the ends off your asparagus and cut into thirds.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl and lightly (but not too lightly) coat with olive oil. Fold with a rubber spatula.
- Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Add the seasonings of your choice.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes--until tender and crunchy. :)