This week has been absolutely nuts–the last class of grad school for my second master’s, the waiting game to hear about my dream job, my favorite person in the universe out of town, meetings meetings and many many more meetings, and the extreme house reorganizing–among many other things–has led to very little time in the kitchen (and lots and lots of yoga and running). There has (sadly) only been one mouth to feed for more than a week, so the world’s most delicious salmon cakes were savored and absolutely enjoyed on numerous occasions, there were a few trips out to dinner with friends, and then an unremarkable pasta creation from the contents of my fridge were the foods consumed.
Tonight’s dinner wasn’t exactly exciting, but it certainly was tasty. I turned the turkey with feta, oregano, and basil meatballs into burgers and then baked broccoli and asparagus to accompany. “Bake broccoli,” you ask? YES! It was both crispy and tender and full of flavor. I am going to grill broccoli next. (Don’t doubt me….)
Baked Broccoli and Asparagus:
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- your choice of seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large cookie sheet with nonstick foil.
- Cut your broccoli (stem included) into large-ish florets. Trim the ends off your asparagus and cut into thirds.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl and lightly (but not too lightly) coat with olive oil. Fold with a rubber spatula.
- Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Add the seasonings of your choice.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes–until tender and crunchy. 🙂