Banana bread is delicious–really delicious. Chocolate banana bread with peanut butter chips is downright heavenly. Moist, dense, and full of flavor, this stuff certainly doesn’t disappoint. It is quick and easy to make, and is fantastic to give as a gift or to share with coworkers. I bet these would be great as muffins too.
Don’t throw those gross bananas away, turn them into a tasty treat!
Chocolate Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Chips:
Minimally adapted from this site.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 extra ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 3/4 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use Pam to lightly grease a normal-sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa then mix well.
- Blend in sour cream and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 60ish minutes, or until a fondue skewer inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.