Don't throw those gross bananas away, turn them into a tasty treat!
Chocolate Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Chips:
Minimally adapted from this site.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 extra ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 3/4 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use Pam to lightly grease a normal-sized loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa then mix well.
- Blend in sour cream and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 60ish minutes, or until a fondue skewer inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.