This is the best way to sum this dip up is:
Beer + cheese + empty calories + zero concern about the long-term artery clogging effects
sledding party deliciousness
Guinness and Cheddar Dip: Adapted from this recipe.
Next time I make this, I am going to use less mustard and potentially play with other ingredients.
- 10 ounces of sharp white cheddar cheese, grated (I kept thinking about the white cheese I used to get from Zabar's when I lived in New York...sadly (but good for my bum), we don't have that sort of deliciousness up here)
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons-ish of cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat...I also added another two tablespoons of veggie cream cheese at the end because I thought the mustard was too strong)
- 1 healthy squirt of dijon mustard
- 1 health squirt of stone ground mustard (as stated earlier, I am going to use less of both mustards next time)
- almost 1/2 cup Guinness
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- a glug or two of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2ish teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cayenne to taste
- other ingredients that you like: artichokes, veggie cream cheese, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, sun dried tomatoes, pepperoncinis
- Throw it all in a food processor and blend into smitherines.
- Share with friends.
- Go sledding (or at least pretend).