The queso dip I created as an appetizer is aptly named devilish. It was devilishly delicious, which subsequently had devilish effects on my intestines. Cheese and my intestines do not agree even a little bit, so when I singlehandedly consumed approximately 9783457283474445234 pounds of the queso the results were....well...devilish. It was just so good though. I couldn't stop. Perfectly creamy, slightly sharp, a touch of jalapeno heat, hints of chilies and onion, and some soulful love brought this queso to a new level of devilish.
It is perfect for tailgating, BBQing, or as an accompaniment to Mexican fare. You will love it. Your intestines may not. That's why it is devilish.
Devilish Queso Dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (you can use 1/3 reduced fat, but it may turn out grainy)
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 ounces white cheddar
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- chili powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- paprika to taste
- Shred the jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions, jalapeno, and Serrano until soft.
- Add the wine and the milk and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and mix continuously until fully combined.
- Add the spices to taste.
- Serve hot. (We poured it into a fondue pot so that we could keep it hot outside.)
- Pray for your intestines.