These jerk chicken tacos fit all of the criteria mentioned above. Quick, easy, tasty, flavorful.
Jerk Chicken Tacos:
(There are no measurements...use the combinations that work for you)
- chicken breasts, fat trimmed off
- your favorite jerk seasoning
- corn tortillas
- sweet onion
- bell peppers of different colors
- garlic cloves
- chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- tomatillo salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with nonstick tinfoil.
- Rough slice the onion and peppers. Combine in a mixing bowl with the garlic cloves. Lightly coat with olive oil. Add your desired amount of chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, and cayenne.
- Move the veggies to the lined baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- While the veggies are cooking, poach your chicken breasts by placing in a deep skillet and covering with water. Cook on almost-high, rotating regularly, until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Be sure to not over-cook, otherwise you will have a rubbery piece of yuck.
- In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the cooked chicken to the bowl. Turn the mixer on to medium, and mix/stir until chicken is shredded to your liking.
- Place the shredded chicken in a medium saucepan, and add a touch of water--just enough to keep the chicken moist.
- Season with jerk spice to your liking.
- Serve on corn tortillas with cabbage, the roasted veggies, and the tomatillo salsa