These are so good. You have to make them. Now. So good. Seriously.
Peanut Butter Krispy Brownies:
Inspired by this recipe.
To make the brownie layer:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar (you can use a little less if you want)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (my favorite combination is 1/3 cup special dark unsweetened cocoa and 1/3 cup regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (Pam for Baking works best) a 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Then beat in the eggs.
- Slowly beat in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread into pan and cook for 25-30 minutes.
To make everything else:
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Reese's mini peanut butter cups
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- After the brownies have cooked, remove from the oven and top with peanuts and Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
- Although difficult, refrigerate until solid before serving.