Until that lucky day, however, we will just have to settle for creating deliciousness in our own kitchen. The most recent creation comes in the form of a turkey burger. It should come as no surprise to you that I am making yet another post about some variation of these little gems as we all know my obsession with them. This latest variety certainly did not disappoint! Sundried tomatoes, fresh spinach, feta, basil, and oregano, and a little bit of love and that's all it took. I served them with the curried rice and pea salad and it was a quick and easy early summer feast.
- 1.25 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 6 ounces, or so, crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cupish (I really have no idea how much I used), chopped fresh spinach
- 1 healthy teaspoon, dried oregano
- 1 healthy teaspoon, dried basil
- 1 egg
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Form into patties.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Cook the patties until browned on each side (about 4 minutes each).
- Serve with fresh spinach, heirloom tomatoes, and other goodies. Enjoy!
- You can certainly grill these little delights as well.