I can't wait to make it again.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup:
Adapted from this recipe.
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- about 30 ounces of lower sodium chicken broth (I used 2 cans)
- 7 red peppers
- between 1 and 2 tablespoons of crushed thyme
- between 1 and 2 tablespoons of crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- In a large pot, saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the carrots and the broth. Simmer until carrots are cooked through.
- While the carrots and onions are simmering, prepare your peppers...
- With the broiler on high and the oven rack on the top notch, place the peppers on their side on a cookie sheet covered with tinfoil.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the side on top begins to blacken and blister.
- Use tongs to flip a quarter turn. Cook for 5-7 minutes again until that side is blackened and blistered.
- Continue with the rest of the sides.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place in a paper bag. Let them sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds and stems.
- Dice the peppers.
- Add the peppers to the carrots and broth.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Add the spices. Taste and adjust.
- Serve hot and garnish with a little rosemary.
In a pot, saute sliced onions and chopped garlic until soft. Add vegetable stock and roasted bell peppers. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Season soup with salt and pepper. Fill a blender half full, and blend until smooth. Repeat blending until all soup is blended. Reheat soup and serve hot.