For the past six years, I have had a half cup of some sort of cereal mixed with one serving of some sort of yogurt. I’ve gone through Oatmeal Squares and Vanilla Activia, Rice Chex and Greek yogurt with fruit, Grape Nuts and Yoplait, and pretty much any other combination you can think of. In my opinion, it is the best breakfast in the universe–healthy, filling (but not a gut bomb), and the perfect jump start to the day.
Well, I have been introduced to a competitor. I walked into school the other day and my two closest girlfriends were eating what looked like a combination of gruel and baby food. Unappetizing appearance, yes, but I was intrigued. What was this magical breakfast they were both eating? The Breakfast of Winners was the answer.
I take absolutely no credit for the creation of this incredible meal, but it is so good it must be shared. Oats, milk, yogurt, and fruit. That’s it. And it is guaranteed to be the perfect start to your day.
The Breakfast of Winners:
100% credit goes to my lovely friends.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2/3 cup of skim milk (although they tell me that soy milk and almond milk works well too)
- 1 serving of the yogurt of your choice–I chose Greek yogurt with fruit
- optional: fresh fruit, nuts, honey, brown sugar, etc., the options are endless
- Mix the oats, milk, and yogurt. Stir completely to combine.
- Let sit for 10 minutes or so or until the oats are soft.
- Add your toppings, if using.
- Be a winner!