A few weeks ago, we made this bolognese, which at the time I claimed was the best in the world and I will continue to stand by that statement. This time around, we made creamy, delicious, equal parts al dente and soft, flavorful, and slightly cheesy risotto to use as the base for the bolognese.
Best idea ever.
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- about 5 cups of warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of chicken boullion
- 1/2 a sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- about 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- about 1/2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated
- the turkey bolognese + one bunch of chopped asparagus
- parmesan cheese for the top
- In a very large nonstick saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- At the same time, microwave two cups of water with one teaspoon of boullion until it is warm and the bouillon dissolved.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the risotto and stir until the little kernels have a lovely sheen (be careful not to burn them)
- Add the wine and stir until evaporated.
- Add the water/boullion. Turn the heat to medium low.
- Get another two cups of water with one tablespoon of boullion in the microwave and ready.
- Stir the risotto regularly and be sure it does not stick to the bottom, dry out, or begin to burn.
- While the risotto is cooking, make the bolognese in another large saucepan. Add the asparagus pieces to the sauce and let it all cook.
- When the risotto begins to lose liquid, add the other two cups of water slowly.
- Continue stirring and cooking.
- You may need to add even one more cup of water.
- When the risotto is cooked to perfection, stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Serve the risotto with the bolognese on top.