Favorite meal I have eaten in a long time = this sloppy squash “lasagna”. What started as an already awesome soup turned into an absolutely heavenly lasagna of sorts with the addition of some pasta and cheese–it is a fantastic way to upcycle your soup leftovers. It is equal parts fall harvest + healthy vegetables + comfort food.
Sounds like perfection to me!
Sloppy Squash “Lasagna”:
- squash and sweet potato soup leftovers
- grated parmesan cheese
- grates mozzarella cheese
- one box of pasta–preferably something that can “scoop” up the sauce like shells or cavatappi
- In a large pan, boil the water for your pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta.
- Turn the heat of your burner to medium low.
- Add enough soup to make the pasta thick, but not soupy–a little more than just coating, a little less than drowning.
- Add your desired amount of mozzarella cheese–I used about a cup and a half.
- Add a little parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir continuously until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy your sloppy “lasagna”! It is so good.