While these mashers are designed as a side, they are certainly a show-stopper. They are delicious on their own, as an accompaniment to a protein, and also incredible as a "binder" in a veggie pie. Because of their fresh taste, these guys are great throughout the year with a wide variety of dishes. Trust me, you'll love them.
Sweet Potato Mashers:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4-6 Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese
- a little bit of skim milk
- rosemary, thyme, and sage to taste (about a tablespoon of each)
- In a very large pot, add both kinds of potatoes and cover with water.
- Cook on (almost) high until both kinds of potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes. Add the cream cheese and a little bit of milk. Add the first round of spices.
- Mash until lumpy. Add more milk if necessary. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- Mash until desired consistency.