Healthy and delicious = lentil chili; unhealthy and delicious = stuffed parmesan and artichoke bread. Together = heaven.
This stuffed bread is even better than the more traditional artichoke dip that graces many a game day table because it doesn't take any work! No scooping, heaping, topping, or spreading is necessary because it is all baked together. Ultimately, this means you don't have to distract your captivated eyeballs from the Destiny's Child halftime show that certainly cannot be worse than Madonna's disaster last year (although the slingline dude was awesome), but nothing like the Janet and JT wardrobe malfunction that still lives on in legacy.
Fresh sourdough, lots of cheese, green onions, and artichokes are all baked together into a wonderful boat of deliciousness. (It was so good, it was consumed before I could take a photo of the final product--sorry.) this bread is sure to be a hit at your superbowl party.
Stuffed Parmesan and Artichoke Bread:
- 14ish ounces of marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, white parts and light green parts diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces of 1/3-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2ish cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4ish cup parmesan, grated
- a few shakes of Italian seasoning
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, and seasoning together.
- Using a cereal spoon, hollow half an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread.
- Scoop the mixture into the well in the bread. Press in and spread, if needed.
- Bake covered in foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 7ish minutes (watch closely).
- Wait until it cools slightly before cutting.
- Grab a piece and park your tail on the couch.