For these reasons, I went on a mission to start making healthy and homemade dressings. This was my first attempt, and it was a great success! No more chemicals, metallic taste, weird separations, or artificial flavors. This vinaigrette takes approximately three minutes to put together and lasts for a two or three salads. Of course, you could change the proportions to make more, but since it is so simple and easy to make, I think I'll stick to creating it frequently. I am also looking forward to experimenting with different kinds of mustards and also adding different spices.
This dressing will adorn the perfect green salad to accompany your bowl of chili, red curry soup, or squash and sweet potato soup on these colder fall evenings.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 heaping teaspoons of good quality dijon mustard
- a pinch each of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of high quality extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Slowly add the olive oil and whisk together.
- Adjust for taste.
- Top your favorite green salad.