Poached eggs are great because they are so light and fresh. No bells and whistles in the form of peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, smoked salmon, bacon, onions, salsa, sour cream, black beans, or whatever other fixing one often puts in egg dishes. For perfectly poached eggs, all you need is some multi-grain toast and some salt and pepper. That's it! The other thing I love about poached eggs is that they fuel me up for the rest of the day. High in protein, low in fat--yum. Finally, they only take 4 minutes to make!
Thinking about switching up your weekend brunch routine? These perfectly poached eggs are for you.
|Heat up up your water. Make sure to add about a tablespoon of white vinegar. It will help your egg whites to stay together.|
|Get your eggs ready!|
|When the water is ready, you have to move quickly. That's why each egg gets its own bowl so I can use both hands to set them in the water.|
|Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat, swirl the water with a spoon, add your eggs, and set the time for 4 minutes. (Yes, we are eating breakfast at noon.)|
|Cover your eggs. Meanwhile, pop your toast in the toaster.|
|After the timer goes off, use a slotted spoon to remove your perfectly poached eggs.|
Perfectly Poached Eggs:
- a saucepan about half full with water + 1ish tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- two pieces of lightly buttered multi-grain toast
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the water and the vinegar on high and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into separate bowls, get out the toast and the toaster. Things move quickly, people.
- As soon as the water reaches a boil, turn off the heat, stir the water to create a vortex, and carefully place the eggs in the water, then cover with a lid.
- Set the timer for 4 minutes--no more, no less!
- While cooking, pop your toast in the toaster and lightly butter.
- When the timer buzzes, use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water and lightly shake to remove excess water. Be careful not to break the yolks.
- Place each egg on a piece of toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Happy Sunday breakfast!