Jalapeno poppers are–without a doubt–the best bar food ever to grace this green earth. Have you ever tried to make jalapeno poppers though? It takes forever. You have to make the filling, seed and gut the jalapenos, fill the jalapenos with the filling, dip in flour, dip in egg, dip in crust, then bake. It’s a solid four hour endeavor. And it is super messy. Yes, they taste great, but by the time I get around to eating them, I have inevitably gotten jalapeno in my eye, have eaten some filling, and am generally grumpy.
Well, good news. You never have to make jalapeno poppers again but will still have the same great taste!!! This jalapeno popper dip tastes exactly as it is named–like jalapeno poppers. The best part is that it takes three minutes to throw together at a maximum…..not four hours people. It is perfectly spicy, creamy, and cheesy. It goes well with both chips and veggies.
This weekend, when the Seahawks face-off against the Broncos for a grudge match of a Super Bowl, this dip will absolutely be at our party. It should be at yours too. If I could make enough of it to bring to every single fan attending the game, I would. It’s that good. Trust me.
Jalapeno Popper Dip:
These are the measurements that I use. Of course, tweek to your taste.
- 8 ounces of diced jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces of diced green chiles
- 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of a Mexican blend of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- dipping vessels: chips, peppers, broccoli, carrots, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the dip ingredients together in a medium sized bowl (aside from the dipping vessels, of course).
- Transfer the dip mixture to a 7 x 11 baking dish, or something of similar size.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the top of the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!