Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bites:
Adapted from one of my new favorite blogs, Cookign Classy. I think this woman and I have the same sweet tooth and taste buds.
For the Bites…
- 1 3/4 cup of finely crushed graham crackers (you can buy them pre-crushed)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 3 packages of cream cheese (8 ounces each), softened well
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
For the Salted Caramel Sauce…
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
To Make the Bites…
- Preheat your to 325 degrees. Line a mini-cupcake tin with liners.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together crushed graham crackers with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir mixture until evenly coated.
- Use a tablespoon to divide the graham cracker mixture evenly among the lined cupcake wells. I had enough to do one and a half batches. Firmly press the graham cracker mixture into an even layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until no clumps of sugar remain.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl for your stand mixture. Then add the sugar/spice mixture to the cream cheese.
- Mix on low to blend everything together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Next, blend in pumpkin and vanilla, then mix in heavy cream.
- Tap bowl forcefully against your counter top to release some of the excess air bubbles.
- Scoop the filling mixture into a large ziploc bag. Seal the bag, then snip off one of the corners to make a pastry bag of sorts. (This will make your life easier and less messy, trust me.)
- Fill each of the liners most of the way full–I left about half a centimeter.
- Bake in preheated oven until nearly set (no longer very giggly), about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack at room temperature. Then transfer to refrigerator and chill until completely set.
- Top with caramel sauce and a pinch of sea salt just before serving. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
To Make the Salted Caramel Sauce…
- Gather all of your ingredients and have them ready to add quickly.
- In a large non-stick skillet or sauce pan, heat the sugar and water over moderately high heat whisking constantly.
- Once the mixture reaches a boil, stop whisking and allow the mixture to boil until it reaches a dark amber color. Give it a final whisk or two.
- Once the mixture reaches a dark amber color, immediately add the butter and whisk until butter has melted then immediately remove from heat.
- Wait 3 seconds then carefully pour in cream and immediately whisk to combine (it will bubble vigorously).
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth, which could take a couple of minutes.
- Allow the caramel to cool several minutes then pour into a ziploc bag. Snip off the tip and squeeze enough caramel onto the prepared cupcakes to cover them.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Savor the goodness!!!