These bites combine the best of all game day (and frankly taste bud pleasing) requirements--crunchy, cheesy, creamy, spicy, flavor packed, and bite-sized. What more can you ask for? Nothing, you're right.
Fast forward two months...I have been trying to publish this post since Superbowl Sunday. It is now April 5th and I am watching the Final Four, not the Super Bowl. I have been waiting for the words to come to me convey just how incredibly mind-blowing these little bites are. Clearly the words are not coming to me, so you are just going to have to take my word for it and make them. They are that good.
Buffalo Chicken Bites:
Closely adapted from this recipe.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cooked then shredded (let cool)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot
- a tablespoonish of Tapatio (next time I think I'll use a green sauce or jalapeno something or other)
- a generous 4 ounces of 1/3 the fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- a solid dash of garlic powder
- about a tablespoon of chili powder
- a dash of cayenne
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- between 2 and 4 cups of crushed corn flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked shredded chicken with the cream cheese, hot sauces, cheese, green onions, and spices.
- Taste and adjust spices if you'd like.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls (about an inch or inch an a quarter in diameter) and set on a plate.
- Put the flour, beaten eggs, and crushed corn flakes in three separate bowls.
- Dip each ball in the following order: flour, eggs, corn flakes.
- Place the balls as you prepare them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- ENJOY! And may the best team win.