It's creamy, cheesy, crunchy, and flavor-packed! I love that it is versatile with spices, add-ins, and more. My favorite part of the whole dish was the corn because of the subtle hint of sweetness it added. Also, we all determined that the dip got better with age as the spices all married together. We served it cold, but the resounding consensus was that it would be great hot too.
Overall, this is definitely a dip that will be making many an appearance at many BBQs, sports get togethers, and more. Super tasty.
Creamy Cheesy Corn Dip:
Adapted from this recipe.
- 3 (11 ounce) cans of sweet corn and diced peppers, drained
- 1 (7 ounce can) of chopped green chilis, drained
- 2 (4 ounce cans) of chopped jalapeno peppers, drained
- 5 or 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 heaping cup of light sour cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- a dash of cayenne
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- (a dollop or two of softened cream cheese would be great too)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cool and let sit for two hours or more (over night is best!)
- Serve with tortilla chips or cut up sourdough bread. Also cut up veggies are great!