I’ve shared many times before about my deep, passionate love for sandwiches. The thought of bread, fresh greens, perfectly ripe tomatoes, sprouts, avocado, good cheese, and an accompanying spread makes my little heart go putter-patter.
What does this have to do with Caesar dressing? Second to a perfect sandwich is my love for a chicken Caesar salad wrap. A soft and pliable tortilla, romaine, croutons, fresh grilled chicken, and a great Caesar dressing makes something magical.
The deal breaker (or maker) in any Caesar whether in wrap or salad form is the quality and taste of the dressing, of course.
For years I’ve been working on the perfect Caesar dressing that can be made in bulk and stored. (We all know that the Marx Brothers table-side Caesar dressing is the best in the world.) I’ve finally made it!
Creamy, tangy, cheesy, peppery, and a slight spice from garlic create this dressing that is thick enough to put in a wrap and not create a flood, but thin enough to mix into a salad. This dressing can go on or in anything you’d like!
I love that it is fresh and also incredibly quick to make. I’ll never go back to the store bought nonsense again.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 anchovies in oil, diced/minced/smooshed or 1½ teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard (make sure it is high quality)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Add in the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt and whisk until creamy.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.